Thursday, June 7, 2012

So I started a blog similar to this several years ago but for some reason I never kept up with it but now I think I have enough focus to keep it going this time...so onto the blog!

This is a blog dedicated to the happenings at the convenience store that I work at. It's a major chain in the United States. All stores sell a variety of things from milk to cigarettes to coffee to food that is prepared in our deli. And most have a gas station attached to it. The store is run by maybe 40 employees. Most work inside but there are maybe 15 gas attendants. There are four managers though one of them is on medical leave right now which is throwing everything into disorder at the moment. I will be changing everyone's names, just like I'm not naming the store its self, to protect not only myself but also the reputation of the store as well as my fellow employees. I figure if I keep all the names and things on the down low I can't get in trouble.

Now...my main shift is the afternoon into evening shift also called Second Shift. It's not as busy as the First Shift (which is the morning shift) or as unpredictable as Third Shift (the midnight shift) but we get our fair share of stories and I figured people might really like to know what really goes on in my store.

Some of you reading this may be my customers or even my coworkers so I please ask you if you leave comments please keep with the names I'm going to give my coworkers. I want to keep everything anonymous.

So...to start this off I'm going to tell the story that sticks out in my head the most.

I was behind the deli one night several months ago. It was maybe 10pm. There was another coworker back there with me. Several orders were on the screens so we were making the sandwiches. The two customers were waiting for the sandwiches were standing in front of the counter as they are want to do. We finished the orders and I looked at one of the women waiting for her sandwich and asked her what her number order was. She gave me a hostile look and asked "What?" I repeated myself. She, in a not so nice voice, said she didnt know what I was talking about. So I asked to see her ticket in a pleasant voice, all smiles. She roughly shoved her ticket into my face. I looked at the number and gave her her order and wished her a good night. As she turned to leave, she mumbled in a not so quiet voice "What a bitch!" Now I was nothing but pleasant to this woman. She didn't know me from Adam. I smiled and made her food in a timely manner. I did everything right and for some reason she decided that I was not being a good employee. So fearing for my job I immediately went up to my manager and told him the whole story just in case the woman decided to take her grumbles a step further and logged a formal complaint. Thankfully she did not but now you can see some of the customers we deal with on a regular basis.

So I have work in two hours. I'm sure I'll have another story for you after that. Stay tuned my readers!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking your customer had never purchased made-to-order food in your chain before. That, and she had a major attitude. Look forward to your stories!

    ReplyDelete